Pages

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Don't take life for granted!

There's a saying that you won't miss something you have until it's gone. I find this very true, I used to be normal, able and even encouraged to drink more water, the more the better. Well, I can't do that anymore because I'm now a hemodialysis patient. In other words, my kidneys have lost their function and I have to limit my fluid intake drastically and also follow the renal diet.

The renal diet means, less of certain fruits (making sure that I have low potassium levels), less salt, less phosphate (less meat, dairy products, nuts, beans & mushrooms), I also have to watch my dietary calcium levels for some reason too. In other words, I can't just stuff my face whenever I like anymore. Hence, going to an all-you-can-eat buffet is a bad idea now.

Well, enough of the things I can't do. What about things I can? I still have my eyesight, which I thank the Lord every minute of every day for. I don't know what I'd do without my eyesight. Granted, I wear prescription glasses for myopia (short-sightedness) but I can see! I don't know what I'd do if I can't occupy my time with reading, writing and cross-stitch embroidery!

Now that I'm on hemodialysis, I can't hold a regular full-time job anymore as not many employers give you flexi-hours where you can leave work early 3 times a week. On the upside though, I have lot's of time on my hands, and this is exactly what I want in order to be a published author.

From now on, I'll devote some time to writing in general, whether it's this blog or some short stories. I'll keep sending out manuscripts until they get published. This is how J. K. Rowling started too. Did you know that the first few publishers actually rejected Harry Potter. Look at JKR now!

Anything is possible, you just have to keep trying!

No comments:

Post a Comment